OBN is the UK’s leading life sciences membership network. We offer our members a range of benefits and services including the delivery of 40+ events per year which includes conferences, exhibitions, awards, pitching events, seminars and networking evenings.
We are currently seeking a freelance / self-employed Event Project Manager for a period of approx. 10 months (maternity cover) to join our friendly but focussed team, reporting to the Head of Events. This role requires excellent organisational and event management skills. A high level of computer literacy in all Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel is required and, preferably, event management software. Personal attributes will include the ability to learn quickly, a keen eye for detail, an excellent command of written English coupled with effective communication skills.
You will be regularly liaising with business leaders within the industry so you must possess a calm, professional and confident approach at all times.
- Project management of BioForward, an annual one-day conference/exhibition, to include:
- Venue management
- Budget control
- Sponsorship fulfilment
- Branding and artwork
- Speaker sourcing and briefing
- On-site event management
- Delegate/registration management.
- Management of several other smaller life science focused events, to include seminars, round-table discussions and networking events.
Experience & Personal Attributes
- At least 3 years dedicated event management experience across a range of projects
- Proven experience in all of the “Key Responsibility” areas
- Experience using MS Office 365, event management software and a CRM system (we use ACT!)
- Competency in the use of social media, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn in relation to event marketing
- Excellent communication skills – both written & verbal
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Formal event management qualifications
- Experience within the life sciences sector and/or a membership organisation
Minimum 22 hours per week by negotiation (Office based)
c10 months (maternity cover), commencing w/c 20 May 2019
Negotiable, dependent upon experience
OBN (UK) Ltd, 5F Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4RR
TO APPLY: Please submit your CV and covering email, detailing what interests you about the role, what you feel you could bring to OBN, your remuneration expectations and availability, to: email@example.com
A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE UNDERTAKEN ON ALL CANDIDATES