The Quality Associate will support the implementation and administration of processes and procedures to sustain and improve quality related activities within the company. The appointee will work within the Quality and Laboratory Management team to maintain the Quality Management System and to ensure activities are carried out in line with the company policies and procedures. The role will involve extensive interaction with internal stakeholders to promote best practice and suit a person who gains satisfaction from seeing their work make a systematic and positive contribution to the business. The position will be based at our offices in Oxford and reports to the Quality Manager.
- Provide support to the Quality Manager by ensuring the introduction and compliance of established quality standards across all ongoing activities;
- Maintain and develop the company quality systems, records, logs and databases as required;
- Maintain the document change control system to ensure changes to processes, systems are appropriately assessed and implemented;
- Maintain the staff training matrix and conduct staff training on quality related procedures;
- Perform internal surveys and audits to support the maintenance and effectiveness of the QMS;
- Management of nonconformities and corrective actions; provide input into investigation and implementation;
- Provide input into strategies for continual improvement and actively contribute to their implementation;
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post, as required.
- BSC in a relevant discipline, with work experience in a life sciences laboratory environment;
- Experience working to ISO 9001 or GLP quality standards;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
- Experience in quality improvement activity, especially in quality culture and compliance;
- Confident with excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- High-level attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage workload in order to fully meet individual and departmental objectives and KPIs;
- Perform routine or repetitious tasks with care and attention, check work for errors and understand the importance of detail;
- Experience working in a commercial/industrial setting;
- Adaptable to meet changing situations;
- Flexible team player willing to assist others at busy times;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a determination to succeed;
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
- To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives set.
- To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
- To attend training as requested.
Code of Conduct and Quality
- To uphold the company mission and values.
- To support the company in developing an effective work/life balance for employees that meets the needs of the organisation.
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
- To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy providing equality of treatment and opportunity to employees, irrespective of sex, sexuality, age, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
Health & Safety
- To take responsibility for the health & safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their omissions or actions at work.
- To promote the company Health and Safety Policy and ensure matters are managed in accordance with it.
- To report accidents, incidents and near misses, implementing corrective action where necessary.
Confidentiality and Data Security
- To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and future similar legislation and ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with the Act.
- To preserve the confidentiality of any information in connection with their employment. This obligation shall continue in perpetuity.
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Glasses Vouchers and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description. Internal applicants apply directly to the Recruitment inbox and copy in the HR Manager.
By sending us your personal information, you are asking us to hold your data on file and understand that we will only keep it for as long as we need it to comply with the Data Protection Act however, should you wish your e-mail address to be added to our automated vacancies update list in the future, please advise us when you apply, thank you.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time Office Based
Salary: £20,000 - £28,000 plus benefits dependant on experience
Strictly No Agencies