Inivata is a leader in liquid biopsy. Our InVision® platform unlocks essential genomic information from a simple blood test to transform the care of cancer patients. Our technology is based on pioneering research from the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute, University of Cambridge and backed by multiple high calibre publications. Our lead product, InVisionFirst™-Lung, is commercially available and provides molecular insights that enable clinicians to make more informed treatment decisions for NSCLC patients. Inivata is actively partnering with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies on InVisionFirst™-Lung and our wider platform, which is applicable to a range of cancer types. We have a CLIA laboratory in Research Triangle Park, NC and laboratories in Cambridge, UK.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is a key member of the Inivata Senior Team, engaged in defining and executing the overall business strategy and direction of the organization.
More specifically, in a close collaboration with Research & Development, Clinical Operations, Commercial and Business Development, this position develops and leads the overall medical vision for the organization and has oversight for all medical and clinical development activity within Inivata.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing innovative clinical strategies and programs that include collaboration with academic, clinical and biopharmaceutical partners, leading clinical and scientific advisory activity and being the leading medical voice of Inivata.
The CMO’s duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Keeping abreast of emerging data and practice in clinical oncology care and diagnostics; identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve company business goals and objectives.
- Being responsible for identifying and managing all clinical studies involving the company, specifically studies to support the successful commercialisdation of our launched product(s) and develop data to drive future product approval and reimbursement.
- Being responsible for the company clinical publications strategy and planning, including timely analysis and publication of clinical studies.
- Leading the Clinical Development team with direct and in-direct reports in the US and UK.
- Leading the engagement of Key Opinion Leaders to provide enhanced strategic market and technological insights for the development and deployment of Inivata’s products, and together with the company Chief Scientific Officer will cultivate and oversee a world-class scienctific advisory board to help guide our scientific agenda.
- Providing medical/clinical leadership for interactions with regulatory and reimbursement authorities in the US and beyond.
- Serving as the Company’s internal primary subject matter expert and consultant on all medical matters and will serve on a cross-functional Review Committee as the approver for all clinical information included in promotional, publication and presentation materials.
- Creating and delivering of medical education content, delivered by Medical Science Liaisons.
- Providing significant support for the CEO, CFO, CCO, COO and Business Development lead for interactions with clinicians, payers, investors and strategic partners.
- MD degree or equivalent with a completed accredited residency ideally in Medical Oncology or Pathology
- Greater than five years’ experience within a diagnostic, biopharmaceutical or medical devices setting and demonstrated successful leadership of oncology and/or diagnostic development programs in oncology.
- Demonstrated understanding of precision oncology and molecular diagnostics ideally including circulating tumor DNA liquid biopsy.
- Good understanding/Experience of the regulatory and reimbursement landscape concerning molecular diagnostics in the US and ideally non-US territories.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive clinical study results.
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally. Strong ability to work closely with Medical Key Opinion Leaders.
- Self-assured and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results.
- Clear awareness of and compliance with limitations to access to Protected Health Information (This position will at times require the employee to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) for duties).
Our TRANSFORM Values guide all our activities:
Team, Results, Ambitious, Nimble, Solutions, Focused, Openness, Recognize, Make a difference
US East Coast, Ideally at the company’s US headquarters in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Exceptionally strong candidates based in Cambridge, UK who are willing to travel frequently to the US may also be considered.
The Chief Medical Officer will report to the CEO.
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 31st March 2019
To Apply: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/inivata/jobs/chief_medical_officer_5491/en/
We look forward to reviewing your application!