Job Description And Qualifications
We've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 75 years. With approximately 15,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries from food and beverage to medical, energy and transportation. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
We’re currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our Life Science Business Unit, covering the South and East half of the UK and will be home based within this area. You will be responsible for the proactive sales into Life Science markets focused heavily on Liquid nitrogen and Freezer sample storage product lines and the management of customers involved with these offerings to profitably grow their business.
This business growth will come from a combination of new customer acquisition and portfolio growth at existing customers. The role is intended to be a specialized function that works alongside the Speciality Products team and will require the ability to demonstrate strong product and market knowledge, highly consultative selling skills and an understanding of customer applications.
- The proactive sales of Liquid nitrogen products and freezer sample storage systems to Biomedical customers, managing these customers in order to maximise value to Air Products and build long term customer loyalty.
- Quickly developing a high level of product knowledge in the Life Science sectors and support the MSU and Major Accounts colleagues with this knowledge
- Manage a broad range of activities including prospecting for brand new customers and portfolio development with existing customers where opportunity is evident.
- The sales territories will be large and extensive travel will be required to successfully grow the business. Field-based activities are expected to equate to approx. 75% of the BDM’s time.
- This region is active for emerging Life Science companies so a strong market present is essential.
- As well as the core products for Life Science the role owner will need to sell all products needed by the account customers, therefore the job requires a highly collaborative approach with other specialist sales teams.
As the BDM, you will have:
- You have demonstrated experience selling highly differentiated products in a high technology market sector with a consultative sales approach
- Prior experience in these areas would be advantageous – Speciality or Industrial Gases, laboratory chemicals or consumables, Life science or medical equipment, analytical equipment.
- Alternatively if you have a science-based education and relevant experience in sales or account management, you would also be a good fit.
- You have excellent team skills and capability of successfully developing win/win situations with peers
- You can evidence strong new business achievement versus targets involving direct contact with prospects and excellent pipeline management.
- You possess a valid driver’s license and willingness to travel extensively
- You are a high energy individual, self-motivated and self-directed with an appetite and proven ability to achieve within a target driven environment.
- We need a dedicated and driven approach & be committed to getting it right with a never-ending passion to learn, improve and contribute.
What we offer:
In return, we offer you a competitive salary & benefits package, a culture of respect, challenge and innovation – with excellent opportunities for growth and development.
If that sounds interesting to you, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products by clicking apply now.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Once qualified you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for the role, please CLICK HERE
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided
Europe - Hay
Global Industrial Gases
Business Sector / Division
Industrial Gases EMEA