This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Oxford University Medical Sciences Business Development and Partnering (BD) Team. The BD team comprises a mixture of NHS and University funded posts working together to further translation of medical research in Oxford through the creation and management of industry partnerships. The role supports the activities of the NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC), which is a translational research partnership between Oxford University and the NHS with a focus on delivering benefits to patients. Research partnerships with industry are key to developing the new products and services that will achieve this.
The Industry Engagement Manager will be responsible for building new links with industry and developing new research and development offerings targeted at specific industry sectors.
This position would be suited to someone with a scientific and/or industrial research background looking to move into the field of industry-academia engagement.
Activities will include:-
• Development and promotion of new industry research/development offerings that match the existing infrastructure and capabilities within the medical sciences in Oxford
• Creation and organisation of industry engagement events
• Engaging with the University Medical Sciences and NHS research and development faculty
• Attending various networking events in the UK and possibly abroad
• Some desk based research to build information and rationale for new initiatives
• Working with partner organisations in the Oxford ecosystem
• Acting as a project liaison for industry relationships and alliances. This may include some project management as projects mature from business development led to full blown research and development collaborations
• Identifying resource constraints for industry engagement initiatives and/or industry research offerings and working with the teams in the university and NHS to secure funding and in-kind resources where appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
• First degree in medical or life sciences
• PhD in Medical/Life sciences desirable but not essential
• Experience working in the research or development environment
• Good team working
• Ability to manage complex projects and multi-stakeholder relationships
NHS band 7 salary range (£33,222- £43,041) + pension
18 Month fixed term contract with possibility of extension
Full-time position, or part-time considered 3 or 4 days a week.
Closing date March 1 2019
To apply please visit here http://jobs.ouh.nhs.uk/job/v1547641