Our client is a UK-based highly successful company whose business is the design, development, manufacture, distribution and support of a number of class-leading automated instruments and their associated consumable in the bioscience and pharmaceutical research market.
Significant growth of the business has resulted in the need for a Interim Head of Supply Chain, with the assignment likely to be of not less than 6 months duration, 5 days / week.
Extension of the assignment is a genuine possibility, as is a transition to a position of full-time employment for the right candidate
This is a senior level role of critical importance and carries with it a broad range of responsibilities:-
- Line management of function team heads (Planning, Purchasing, Order Execution, Supplier Quality Engineer etc.)
- Delivering supply chain capacity to sales forecast and lead time targets.
- Customer order receipt, acknowledgement and communication (internal and external).
- Developing and negotiating supplier commercial agreements and capacity.
- Supplier quality performance
- Goods-in and goods-out functions.
- Inventory and warehouse management.
- Production and materials demand planning
- Predicting and delivering internal capacity requirements.
- Delivering best practice processes
- Calculation of supply chain PI’s and KPI’s
- Delivering continuous improvement.
Candidates must have significant experience in a senior Supply Chain Management role within a manufacturing/engineering environment.
As part of the operations team the Head of Supply Chain will work closely with senior management colleagues to deliver the best possible overall site performance. Knowledge of neighbouring business processes, good networking / communication skills and the ability to prioritise, influence and motivate are essential.
This is an excellent opportunity in a company of outstanding potential.
If this is of interest to you, please contact Geoff Newman of Interea International as soon as possible. Phone 01844 – 202989 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org