As a part of the Systems team in our Oxford office, working alongside the Senior Systems Engineer, the IT Support Technician will be the first line of support for all IT queries. The varied list of tasks will include: provisioning of equipment for staff; dealing with day to day IT related queries; maintenance and upgrades of all office IT infrastructure; helping us to plan and deliver enhanced IT systems to cope with the company’s growth. There will also be opportunities for the successful candidate to work on our software development and research infrastructure, and gain experience in larger scale systems management and DevOps.
You should have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of common business IT hardware and software
- Experience of desktop/laptop support for macOS, Windows and Linux
- Great communication skills, and a can-do attitude
- Networking skills, especially Ethernet, 802.11 Wi-Fi and TCP/IP
Ideally, you should additionally have:
- Knowledge of Linux Servers
- Knowledge of using and administering Google G. Suite for business
- Experience of Windows server software, especially Active Directory
- Basic scripting skills (Bash, Python)
- Experience with configuration management tooling
- Experience administering Microsoft Office 365
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work alongside talented colleagues in a growing company that combines a focus on cutting-edge science with commercial delivery.
- The chance to do work that directly benefits healthcare, and improves people’s lives.
- Access to amazing data – the chance to work with one of the largest and fastest-growing genotype-phenotype databases in the world.
- Dedicated time for hacking on blue sky projects and research.
- A competitive salary with pension, private healthcare, share options and other benefits.
Given the sensitive nature of data used in Genomics plc you will be expected, as with all other employees, to ensure high standards of information security in your work.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria to email@example.com.
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.