The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing support to HR, office management and general office support. This is a key role which involves communicating with employees and consultants, meeting and greeting all visitors, and dealing with phone-calls. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in an energetic environment, has a ‘can do’ attitude, and who enjoys being involved in a wide range of projects. Genomics plc is a growing company and so this is a great role for a proactive and pragmatic person who is excited about being involved with all aspects of the Company and who is keen to develop broad range of skills and experience.
- Helping to schedule both telephone and face-to-face interviews.
- Ensuring that papers for interviews are provided to interviewers in a timely fashion.
- Communicating with candidates by email, telephone, and in person.
- Helping to ensure interviews run smoothly, including ensuring candidates are set up to give presentations.
- Arranging new employee induction – putting together new starter packs, arranging meetings, ensuring that the necessary paperwork is completed, filed and processed accordingly.
- Helping to arrange other meetings, such as appraisals, as required.
- Liaising with benefits providers and management accountants to ensure that new employees are correctly entered on to payroll and benefits systems.
- Providing support to the recruitment process, to include providing materials for shortlisting to hiring managers.
- Processing holiday and sickness forms and keeping calendars up-to-date.
- Arranging training and conference attendance, and ensuring training and development records are kept up-to-date.
- Preparation of routine letters for employees, such as changes to terms, employment letters as required.
- Monitoring and logging applications, liaising with hiring managers to ensure feedback on applications is received.
Office Management and administration
- Annual negotiation of maintenance contracts, such as cleaners, electricians etc.
- Overseeing all aspects of Health and Safety, and managing risk assessments.
- Liaising with the Building Manager and security on general maintenance issues with the office and building.
- Representing the Company at the quarterly tenants’ meetings and providing updates to colleagues.
- Liaising with all contractors to ensure routine checks and maintenance take place in a timely fashion.
- Answer phone calls and deal with/direct calls as necessary
- Responsible for activating and deactivating access fobs for both internal and external doors.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of office security, including managing the alarm system
- Liaising with the Building security on any issues to do with the building and grounds.
- Responsibility for ordering weekly team lunches, finding new suppliers, negotiating discounts.
- Ordering weekly fruit and milk supplies, and kitchen sundries as required.
- Working with the Head of Legal, Data and Compliance on record keeping for the ISO certification for Information Security Management.
- Assist with event planning.
Applicants must have:
- Experience of working in a busy office.
- Education to A Level standard or above.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills including competence in MS Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills with a friendly, professional attitude.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to write to a high standard
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively, organise time efficiently, and respond flexibly to the demands of the job.
- The ability to work effectively in a team, to take initiative, and to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- An understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality regarding employee records etc.
- Experience in diary management.
- An understanding of the need for data security.
Ideally, they should also have:
- A degree
- Experience in either HR or office management
This is an outline job description and may be subject to change, according to the needs of the Company, in consultation with the post holder.
Given the sensitive nature of data used in Genomics plc you will be expected, as with all other employees, to ensure high standards of information security in your work.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter addressing the above criteria to email@example.com
Genomics plc welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.