- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables, in line the planned project objectives
- To keep up to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field
- Set an example to other colleagues, and to train junior staff in appropriate techniques
- Provide project summaries and reporting, as required
- Promote and suggest implementation of new methods, technologies and processes to ensure best practice
- Support line manager with customer interactions, and in ensuring smooth running of the group
- To adhere strictly to established quality standards, essential for on-going activities
- Provide accurate record keeping at all times
Minimum qualifications and experience needed:
- Msc or PhD/DPhil in relevant discipline (MSc should be associated with minimum 2-3 years relevant laboratory experience)
- Experience of using gene editing platforms (including CRISPR)
- Experience working in a commercial/industry setting is preferred but not essential
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience
Preferred skills and responsibilities:
- Strong molecular biology skills, including PCR, RT-PCR and qRT-PCR
- Experience of Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Extensive experience in cell biology assays including Western Blot, immunoprecipitation and immunofluroresence
- Experience of using robotic liquid handling and automation systems
JOB TYPE: Permanent
WAGE: £28,000 – £38,000 per annum dependent on experience
Main Company Benefits:
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Child Care Voucher Scheme, Glasses Vouchers and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office address is: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Medawar Building, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA.
How To Apply
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
Diversity And Equality Of Opportunity
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence.
We recognize diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.
About Oxford Genetics
Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialized contract research organization offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, with a particular focus on viral vectors for gene therapy applications.
A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, expression system optimization, cell line development and engineering of viral delivery systems. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists and engineers to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and health assessment.