Location: Harwell, Oxford, UK
Start date: Q4 2018
Salary: £25,000-35,000 (dependent upon qualifications and experience) and pension
Apply by: 19th October 2018
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Electrospinning Company Ltd (TECL)
We design, develop and manufacture materials, specifically nanofibre polymer scaffolds, which are used in tissue engineering/ regenerative medicine applications. We have a diverse range of client-led and internal R&D projects and operate to ISO 13485:2016 medical device quality standards. In October 2018, we are moving from the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory business incubator into brand new, purpose-built cleanroom facilities on the Harwell campus and wish to grow our team (currently 10 people).
The engineer will design, develop and test processes for the manufacture of scaffolds for the medical device industry. They will manage some projects independently and participate in others as part of a team. They will follow standard procedures compliant with the Company’s quality standards, will maintain electronic lab book records, write reports and documents, prepare technical drawings, participate in customer meetings and support the activities of the R&D and manufacturing teams. They will have the opportunity to attend scientific meetings and conferences.
Experience and Knowledge
- Practical experience of polymer processing techniques, preferably of electrospinning.
- MSc/ PhD/ EngD
- Post-doctoral/ industrial experience in a relevant field is desirable.
- Experience with CAD software is essential. Programming desirable.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems, equipment qualification and process validation is desirable.
- Fluent in English and able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
Unfortunately, we are not able to obtain working visas for non-Europeans so you will need the right to work in the United Kingdom.