Looking for something unique? So are we! Oxford Genetics is looking for a bright and talented marketing assistant to join our growing commercial team. You will be challenged in a supportive and friendly environment whilst inspired to be nothing but the best you can be.
Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialized contract research organization offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics, with a particular focus on viral vectors for gene therapy applications.
A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, expression system optimization, cell line development and engineering of viral delivery systems. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists, engineers and business support professionals to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do and hope you will join us to contribute to this exciting journey!
The chosen candidate will play a key role supporting the marketing team with updating the company website, manging social media, coordinating event logistics and managing our internal marketing campaigns as you will be expected to promote and develop our brand within. You may also be involved in the wider business and be involved in company wide projects
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about marketing and who wants to develop their own skill set!
• Campaigns - work closely with the marketing and product manager to drive product sales and increase our global exposure by designing campaigns.
• Print - manage all print materials for the sales team and global events, this includes managing stock levels, assisting with ordering events stands and displays.
• Social media - maintaining OG’s social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn by scheduling daily updates, responding to queries and engaging with our audience as necessary.
• Internal marketing – liaising with the business support team to devise internal campaigns and manage incentive schemes - we are always rewarding our employees!
• Events – support the product manager by coordinating event logistics, ensuring that event displays and materials arrive on time.
• Web development – we are always improving our web applications and you will be expected to contribute your ideas too. You would be expected to test and report new features to the web development team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
• Marketing degree or 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Good interpersonal skills, able to build excellent internal and external working relationships.
• Organised, efficient and have excellent attention to detail.
• Flexible, proactive and open to change.
• A passion for social media.
• Highly computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• An understanding of Adobe Photoshop is needed.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
• A basic understanding of HTML.
• A high level of creativity and resourcefulness.
In addition to undertaking the duties above, the post-holder will be expected to fully adhere to the following:
• To actively participate in their performance review and work towards objectives set.
• To take responsibility for their own professional development ensuring professional standards are maintained and mandatory training is in date.
• To attend training as requested.
CODE OF CONDUCT AND QUALITY
• To uphold the company mission and values.
• To adhere to quality processes and procedures and strive for continuous quality improvement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES / DIVERSITY
• To observe the company’s Equal Opportunities Policy providing equality of treatment and opportunity to employees, irrespective of sex, sexuality, age, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• To take responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their omissions or actions at work.
• To promote the company Health and Safety Policy and ensure matters are managed in accordance with it.
• To report accidents, incidents and near misses, implementing corrective action where necessary.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DATA SECURITY
• To comply fully with the duties and responsibilities outlined the company handbook regarding confidentiality.
• To comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and future similar legislation and ensure that all information collected, stored and used is done so in compliance with the Act.
• To preserve the confidentiality of any information in connection with their employment. This obligation shall continue in perpetuity.
Job Type: Permanent (Office Based)
Start Date: Open
Hours: Full time
Salary Guide: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum, plus competitive benefits package
25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, Pension with matched employer contribution to 7%, Health Insurance, Group Life Cover, Glasses Vouchers, Long Service Benefits and a friendly working environment in an exciting and expanding young company.
We have offices in the UK and USA. This role will be located at The Oxford Science Park, just 4 miles south east of Oxford, with parking and good public transport links from Oxford. Our UK office addresses are: Oxford Genetics Ltd, Medawar Building and Northbrook House, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4HG.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom without sponsorship.
Please send a CV of no more than four pages. Your CV should include evidence that demonstrates how you meet each of the selection criteria for the post using examples of your skills and experience. This may include experience gained in employment, education, or during career breaks. Your application will be judged on the basis of how you demonstrate that you meet the selection criteria stated in the job description.
Strictly no agencies, thank you
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work in the UK, proof of identity, references and a work health assessment.
DIVERSITY AND EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY
We provide all our staff with a welcoming and inclusive workplace that enables and empowers everyone to develop and deliver professional excellence. We recognise diversity is vital for innovation and creativity and value each individual’s contribution. Entry into employment with Oxford Genetics and further progression will be determined by personal merit and the application of criteria related to the duties of the role. The ability to perform the role will be the primary consideration on entry into employment and to successfully pass probation.