The company are well placed in the food industry and provide scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide.
The Microbiology Department employs over 45 staff and is one of the largest Food Microbiology Groups in Europe. It is involved in a range of research, consultancy and contract work for a wide range of food industry clients and is at the forefront of Food Microbiology knowledge and technical understanding, being known throughout the world for its publications, advice and overall knowledgeThis vacancy is as the manager of the Heat Resistance and Decontamination Group, the role is to manage the group and all its work, through the effective coordination of an established team of technical staff.
Role / Description
- To coordinate and manage all of the work carried out in the HR&D Group.
- Management of Group and its resources and work ensuring operational efficiency and implementing required business management systems (inc. Health & Safety)
- Financial and budgetary management
- Business strategy development and external marketing and sales
- Manage technical delivery of outputs to agreed service levels
- Input to Training courses/answering enquiries as required
- Degree/Higher Degree or equivalent.
- Detailed experience in the effects of heat on microorganisms, the microbiological effects of food processing technologies, working knowledge in the efficacy testing of disinfectants and sanitisers.
- A recognised expert in the field of food process microbiology.
- A good understanding of both spore forming and non-spore forming organisms and methods by which these can be eliminated or inhibited from growing in heat processed product.
- Experience / understanding of needs of operating ISO 17025 in a testing laboratory
- Proven effectiveness in managing timely and cost-effective delivery of technical services/research outputs.
- Competence in team leadership and management of staff and resource utilisation.
- Commercial and financial awareness relevant to the marketing and selling of services.
- Well-developed communication skills -abilities to communicate with colleagues, clients (with varying levels of knowledge) and other experts.
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, excellent training, Health Scheme and 'Death in Service' scheme, subsidised restaurant, Free parking on site, Buying/Selling Holiday Scheme
Excellent opportunity to work in a renowned food research organisation at the heart of the global food industry
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Chris.Gabbott@srg.co.uk
For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0121 728 858 or apply here
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.