OMass Technologies specializes in applying state-of-the-art to platforms to understand extremely challenging drug targets. The company vision is to build a drug discovery company with these technologies at its core. This is an exciting opportunity to undertake an extremely dynamic and diverse role within a new biotechnology spin-out company from the laboratory of Professor Carol Robinson at the University of Oxford.
Following a recent successful fund-raising exercise, the company is expanding significantly in different areas and currently in the process of moving to a new building at the Oxford Science Park. This is an excellent time to join a growing company. At OMass, you will join a team of enthusiastic and dynamic scientists and executives with a shared passion for building a world-leading drug discovery company using an exciting and powerful set of technologies.
We are looking for an experienced Office Manager/Personal Assistant to join our team. You will support our rapid growth and increasingly complex operations. The candidate will be accountable for ensuring all office processes and central documentation are efficient and well organised. You will become a central component to our executive team and integral to the efficient functioning of the company.
Role responsibilities include:
- Front office support for the office - including answer incoming calls, general emails and postal communication, manage subscriptions
- Management of the office facilities – manage booking of meeting rooms, ensuring office equipment and office supplies are running efficiently
- Admin support for the Management Team – including managing complex calendar invites, booking travel and accommodation as it arises and processing expense claims.
- Recruitment - Support recruitment processes and on-boarding of new team members, including liaising with HR/ payroll support companies for payroll update and IT support company relevant hard/software access.
- Filing and documentation – ensuring company's filing and document databases are organised; and general compliance procedures are in place
- Purchasing – manage purchasing interface with 3rd parties, including raising POs, managing invoices, for lab equipment and consumables
- Manage the company website
The preferred candidate will ideally have
- Experience in an office manager or senior admin role within fast-paced, growing, biotech or other scientific or technology companies
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Good communication and personal skills – both verbal and written
- Exceptional organisation skills, ability to prioritise and be calm under pressure
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy on data entry
- Positive and can-do attitude, with a common-sense approach to problem solving and the ability to use initiative.
- Reliable, dependable and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Applications to be received by 31st August 2018, but earlier applications considered favourable.
Applicants should provide a full CV (with contact details for 2 referees) and a cover letter describing their compatibility with position required. Applications to be sent to:
OMass Technologies values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.
Job Type: Full-time