OMass Technologies specializes in applying state-of-the-art to platforms to understand extremely challenging drug targets. The company vision is to build a drug discovery company with these technologies at its core. This is an exciting opportunity to undertake an extremely dynamic and diverse role within a new biotechnology spin-out company from the laboratory of Professor Carol Robinson at the University of Oxford.
Following a recent successful fund-raising exercise, the company is expanding significantly in different areas and currently in the process of moving to a new building at the Oxford Science Park. This is an excellent time to join a growing company. At OMass, you will join a team of enthusiastic and dynamic scientists and executives with a shared passion for building a world-leading drug discovery company using an exciting and powerful set of technologies.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to help to co-ordinate the business functions during a time of rapid growth and increasing company complexity. The candidate will help to ensure projects stay on time and to budget and help to drive the company towards meeting its high-level milestones. They will be an integral part of our management team during an extremely exciting chapter of company expansion.
Role responsibilities include:
- Ensure effective communication between the business functions
- Identify project dependencies and prioritize deliverables
- Maintain a company projects tracker detailing progress versus plan
- Report to the Management Team on project progress
- Assess risks and implement mitigation strategies
- Ensure that projects are sufficiently resourced
- Contribute to the companies' long-term project plans
- Work in collaboration with the Finance Director on ensuring adherence to budget
The preferred candidate will ideally have
- Strong project management experience
- Have the ability to pre-empt company needs and be pro-active
- The ability to solve problems independently and communicate solutions to a wider team
- Previous experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical sector is preferred
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A positive can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of PM software e.g. Microsoft Project
Applications to be received by 31st August 2018, but earlier applications considered favourable.
Applicants should provide a full CV (with contact details for 2 referees) and a cover letter describing their compatibility with position required. Applications to be sent to:
OMass Technologies values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.
Job Type: Full-time