OMass Technologies specializes in applying state-of-the-art native mass spectrometry platforms to characterizing challenging protein assemblies, including membrane proteins. By preserving the structures of protein assemblies we provide novel structural insights into large, dynamic complexes. The company vision is to build a drug discovery company with these technologies at its core.
OMass Technologies is inviting applications for several mass spectrometry scientist positions, focussed on the investigation of GPCRs for drug discovery. This is an exciting opportunity to undertake an extremely dynamic and diverse role within a new biotechnology spin-out company from the laboratory of Professor Carol Robinson at the University of Oxford. The company offers a thriving and creative environment for a well-suited candidate to be exposed to drug discovery and development processes and state-of-the-art technology developments. You will acquire extensive knowledge of the company’s operations and become an integral part of our future vision.
At OMass you will join a team of enthusiastic and dynamic scientists with a shared passion for building a world-leading drug discovery company using an exciting and powerful set of technologies. Following a recent successful fund-raising exercise, the company is expanding significantly in different areas and currently in the process of moving to a new building at the Oxford Science Park. This is an excellent time to join a growing company.
The successful candidate will possess previous experience in the applications of mass spectrometry, using LC-MS based methods for understating protein -ligand interactions. Experience in high throughput methods is key and knowledge of molecular biology, protein expression/purification is preferred. The role is exclusively research based and as such, the ability to problem solve and develop innovative solutions within projects is a key attribute required for the role.
Applications to be received by 24th August 2018
- Proven mass spectrometry experience at the post-doctoral level, preferably on orbitrap or QTOF based platforms.
- Hold a doctorate degree in chemistry, biochemistry or other life sciences
- Experience with LC-MS and high throughput screening methods
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Develop high throughput affinity MS platforms for identification of bound ligands
- Optimise sample conditions and buffers to obtain suitably homogeneous spectra
- Analyse and assign spectra for presentation to internal OMass employees and prepare scientific publications when appropriate
- Work closely with biological scientists to develop solutions and exploratory ideas to help achieve company milestones
- Maintain detailed laboratory records and keep up to date with relevant literature
At OMass you will join a team of both academic and pharmaceutical scientists with a shared passion for developing native mass spectrometry as a tool for drug discovery. We are currently located in the Centre for Innovation & Enterprise, Begbroke Science Park, Oxford and work in close collaboration with research teams at University of Oxford.
Applicants should provide a full CV with a list of their publications to date, contact details for 2 referees and a cover letter describing their compatibility with position required. All applications should be sent to email@example.com
OMass Technologies values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity, we also have full responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to work and live in UK.
Job Type: Full-time