We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Assistant to make an impact in a growing, progressive, not-for-profit organisation by providing support to the sales team in order to further the growth and development of the business.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours, Monday to Friday) permanent position, based in our Milton Park, Abingdon office.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing & Membership, you will:
- Identify, qualify and contact sales leads using market intelligence databases and provide information on products and services to generate leads
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers
- Work with the membership team to develop and implement membership retention strategy
- Identify and contact prospective customers within UK and internationally
- Arrange appointments with prospects where appropriate
- Identify and develop a range of selling techniques
- Maintain company CRM (ACT!) database in relation to BD activities
- Assist in the preparation of proposals
- Track the success of sales leads and follow-up unsuccessful proposals to determine future improvements
- Track sponsor renewal dates: Ensure timely approach ahead of expiration
- Attend meetings / events as required
- Undertake other projects as required
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Essential Experience - Candidates MUST satisfy the following criteria:
- At least 12 months experience in sales / business development role / account management
- Proven ability to identify leads and open doors
- Working knowledge of the life sciences industry
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Desirable Qualifications: Degree educated, preferably in a business-related discipline.
- You will enjoy dealing with people, creating and maintaining relationships.
- Have the persistence, confidence and desire to get past the ‘gate keepers’ and to see a job through to conclusion.
- Possess strong organisational skills with the ability to meet multiple project deadlines.
- Be able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Have good time management and planning skills.
- Exercise excellent attention to detail.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Possess a confident, clear and engaging telephone manner
- Salary: £competitive + discretionary bonus scheme up to 10% of base salary, based on company profitability and achievement of personal performance targets.
- Holidays: 25 days per year, plus bank holidays
- Pension: Auto-enrolment after 3 months’ service. OBN will match employee contributions up to 5%.
- Private Healthcare: An optional benefit following successful completion of the probationary period.
TO APPLY: Please submit your CV together with a covering email detailing your salary expectations to: email@example.com
A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE UNDERTAKEN ON ALL SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES