Job Title: Technology and Assay Development Scientist
Reporting line: Head of Technology and Assay Development
Inivata, a global clinical monitoring cancer genomics company, exploits the precision of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) analysis to improve personalized healthcare. Inivata’s world-leading scientific expertise, cutting-edge technology, and advanced bioinformatics analysis detects and characterizes cancer-related mutations, enabling non-invasive testing at multiple points along the cancer care cycle.
Through a simple blood test, Inivata’s proprietary technology provides oncologists with clinically actionable information to guide therapy selection, monitor treatment, and detect resistance mutations as they emerge. Inivata has a CLIA-certified laboratory in Research Triangle Park (North Carolina, USA) in addition to the headquarters and GCLP-compliant laboratory in Cambridge, UK.
The Technology and Assay development team are looking to recruit a highly motivated, creative and logical Technology Development Scientist to develop the next wave of methods to detect and monitor ctDNA. This role involves optimising and streamlining our InVision product pipeline while also developing and patenting novel new technologies to detect ctDNA. This position offers the exciting ability to work at the forefront of cancer diagnostics while seeing the entire product development pipeline from concept, prototyping to commercial product.
This role will be working within a dynamic and highly skilled team to invent novel technologies to transform cancer care. This is a lab-based role and is suitable for applicants with several years’ laboratory experience either within industry or who have recently finished their PhD. We would also be interested in early career Post-Doc applicants looking to move into the Biotechnology sector.
This is a full-time, permanent role.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to help optimise assays for plasma sequencing and help develop enhanced NGS-based methods for ctDNA analysis.
- Develop novel technologies for enhancing Inivata’s product portfolio
- Work with Senior Scientists, perform studies to assess assay sensitivity and specificity
- Work with Automation specialists to automate workflow
- Streamline workflows in both current and future assays
- Work with Product Development team to develop SOPs for novel NGS-based methods and assist in transitioning assays for use in the clinical diagnostic laboratories
- Review literature to develop new concepts to improve ctDNA sequencing.
- A BSc or similar degree in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or other field related to next generation sequencing or molecular biology
- PhD in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or other related filed
- A minimum of 3 years’ molecular biology experience or similar
- Experience of nucleic acid extraction, DNA quantification and PCR analysis
- Good understanding of molecular biology techniques
- Working knowledge of next generation sequencing
- Strong record keeping skills for maintaining detailed laboratory notebook records
- Excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
- Strong creative and problem solving abilities
- Knowledge of freedom to operate procedures
- Experience with automation platforms
- Experience with NGS assay development
Inivata Limited is based in Cambridge, UK.
To Apply: https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/inivata/jobs/technology_and_assay_development_scientist_3682/en/
No agencies please.
The closing date for applications is 8th August 2018.