Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, viral vector construction and cell line engineering. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists and engineers to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
The Gene Editing Associate Scientist will be involved in a range of internal platform development and commercial projects, predominantly focused on expanding gene editing capabilities and platforms at Oxford Genetics. OG has a number of on-going programmes in this area, and multiple government supported grant awards, which the recipient will contribute towards. The position will involve extensive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to show commitment to scientific development and innovation are considered essential.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables, in line the planned project objectives
- To keep up to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field
- Provide project summaries and reporting, as required
- To adhere strictly to established quality standards, essential for on-going activities
- Provide accurate record keeping at all times
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- BSc or MSc in relevant discipline, with significant laboratory experience (>12 months)
- Experience working in a commercial/industry setting is preferred but not essential
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Standard mammalian cell culture techniques and methods for both adherent and suspension cell lines
- Strong molecular biology skills, including PCR, RT-PCR and qRT-PCR
- Experience in cell biology assays including, Western Blot, immunoprecipitation and immunofluorescence
- Background knowledge and experience of using of gene editing tools (including CRISPR) for cell engineering and screening purposes
- Experience of Flow cytometry and cell sorting
If this opportunity is of interest to you, then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and please mention “OBN” in the subject line.
More details on our Web site:
No recruitment agencies please