Oxford Genetics, a leader in synthetic biology, is a specialised contract research organisation offering services to support the discovery, development and production of biologics. A unifying theme across the portfolio is expertise in DNA design, and cell line engineering. We are located within purpose-fitted laboratories at the Oxford Science Park, just South of Oxford.
We are in a phase of rapid expansion and are seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic scientists and engineers to join the team and help facilitate the next stage of our development as a company. We aim to be both innovative and entrepreneurial in everything we do – join us and contribute to this exciting journey!
The Gene Editing Scientist will be involved in a range of internal platform development and commercial projects, predominantly focused on expanding gene editing capabilities and platforms at Oxford Genetics. OG has a number of on-going programmes in this area, and multiple government supported grant awards, which the recipient will contribute towards. Scientist colleagues are expected to drive and lead specific projects and areas of research from the bench, while providing support and training to Technicians working in the group. The position will involve extensive interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, and the ability to show commitment to scientific development and innovation are considered essential.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables, in line the planned project objectives
- To keep up to date with the scientific literature and developments in the field
- Set an example to other colleagues, and to train junior staff in appropriate techniques
- Provide project summaries and reporting, as required
- Promote and suggest implementation of new methods, technologies and processes to ensure best practice
- Support line manager with customer interactions, and in ensuring smooth running of the group
- To adhere strictly to established quality standards, essential for on-going activities
- Provide accurate record keeping at all times
- MSc or PhD/DPhil in relevant discipline (MSc should be associated with minimum 2-3 years relevant laboratory experience)
- Experience of using gene editing platforms (including CRISPR)
- Experience working in a commercial/industry setting is preferred but not essential
- Extensive mammalian cell culture experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong molecular biology skills, including PCR, RT-PCR and qRT-PCR
- Experience of Flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Extensive experience in cell biology assays including Western Blot, immunoprecipitation and immunofluroresence
- Experience of using robotic liquid handling and automation systems
If this opportunity is of interest to you, then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and please mention “OBN” in the subject line.
More details on our Web site:
No recruitment agencies please