Gifford Bioscience is a preclinical Contract Research Organisation specialising in receptor occupancy and pharmacology studies using radiochemicals. We are based at The BioHub Birmingham on the University of Birmingham's research park.
We are looking for a Senior Laboratory Technician to be a key part of our small, entrepreneurial company. The role involves cell culture, in vitro receptor binding assays, enzyme studies, cellular uptake and release assays, receptor occupancy, flow cytometry, histological sectioning, analysis of data, writing reports and presenting data to clients.
The successful applicant will also take on the duties of Health and Safety Officer.
The is is a full time, permanent position with a salary range of £25k - £28k+ per annum, depending on qualifications and experience.
What you must bring:
- More than 5 years laboratory experience OR a bachelors degree in a biological science and more than 3 years experience.
- Experience with in vitro assays.
- Experience with cell culture.
- Experience with tissue sectioning and histology.
What would be an additional advantage:
- Experience with working with laboratory radioisotopes.
- A relevant PhD.
Submit your CV to email@example.com, quoting OBN in the e-mail subject."