Physiomics is a solutions provider to the R&D based pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, with a focus on oncology. Our Virtual Tumour technology uses computer modelling to predict the effects of cancer treatments to improve the success rate of drug discovery and development projects while reducing time and cost.
Based in Oxford UK, we work with clients worldwide to support their pre-clinical and clinical development programs, in particular the translation from animals to man. We take a collaborative approach to provide our clients with bespoke solutions encompassing data, analytics and insight – and partner with them on their journey.
The company is expanding following recent client successes and we have an opportunity for a Biosimulation Scientist to join our technical team to work on projects related to drug development and on the development of our flagship predictive modelling platform: Virtual Tumour.
- Function as part of a multidisciplinary team to perform simulations of biological systems, and in particular of cancer tumour growth
- Research literature and integrate understanding in PK/PD models
- Develop and test new dynamic models
- Fit models to experimental and clinical data
- Perform model sensitivity analysis and optimization
- Collaborate and attend regular meetings with research partners, prepare reports, conduct presentations
- PhD or MSc with industrial experience in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related numerical field
- Experience with mathematical modelling of biological systems
- Experience in parameter optimization and sensitivity analysis
- Experience with computational and numerical techniques
- Programming skills in Matlab and R, or equivalent software
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Postdoctoral experience, ideally within the industry
- Knowledge of drug PK/PD modelling, and in particular of population PK/PD analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Knowledge of cancer biochemistry/pathophysiology
Working at Physiomics:
Physiomics is small friendly company with flexible work policies. The successful candidate will initially support our experienced Project Managers but will have the opportunity to develop the skills and experience needed to lead their own projects over time. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including life insurance, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, and participation in the company share option scheme. The company is located within the Oxford Science Park that offers good transport connections and amenities.
Further details about the company can be found on www.physiomics-plc.com.
To apply, please send your CV, names and contact details of two referees (at least one should be from academia or industry), and a covering letter to Charmaine Fraser, Physiomics Plc, the Magdalen Centre, Oxford Science Park, Oxford, OX4 4GA, UK. Or email these details to email@example.com.
No recruitment agencies please