Absolute Antibody is a CRO offering fully customised services for the sequencing, engineering, humanization and manufacture of antibodies for the biotherapeutics market. Using our proprietary high yield transient transfection system, we focus on making the production of milligram to gram quantities of antibody quicker and more cost effective for early to mid-stage therapeutic projects. For early stage projects, we offer a variant screening service. For later stage projects, we offer rapid manufacture of almost any antibody format including bispecifics/trispecifics, Fc Fusions, Fab and Fab2 – if you can describe it, we can make it. Our client base is global and encompasses some of the largest pharmaceutical companies through to virtual biotechs and leading academic groups.
Located across two sites in the UK, Absolute Antibody is an established company run by a leadership team with a wealth of experience in the development and manufacture of therapeutic antibodies.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Director to present and promote our services to potential clients. This will include identifying new accounts and new business opportunities within existing accounts with the aim of establishing long term business partnerships. Successful individuals will be self-motivated and specific duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Achieves annual sales targets for assigned territory.
- Generates new business leads and supports established client base.
- Arranges meetings or telecons with prospective clients.
- Provides technical information and coordinates presentations in collaboration with scientific leads.
- Organises and hosts client visits.
- Prepares proposals and uses Salesforce to manage the sales pipeline.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Provides intelligence on key competitors.
- Attends relevant conferences when required and follows up on leads.
Required travel - 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or business field essential
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience selling in the CRO/CMO industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- Strong commercial and negotiating skills
- Great interpersonal, communication, and presentational skills
- Capable of identifying appropriate clients and partners
- Able and willing to operate remotely, whilst remaining a key member of the team
3-5 years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to decision makers within the pharmaceutical and biotech industry.