Touchlight has established a high quality DNA manufacturing platform technology, using an in vitro enzymatic process and has a role available for a process development scientist in its expanding Manufacturing/CMC Development Group. This role will be based in Hampton, London.
The successful applicant will play an important role in development of the dbDNATM manufacturing process. This will involve working in a team focussed on establishing critical parameters and controls using a range of approaches; this will be applied to industrial scale up leading to process evaluation, as well as facilitating technical transfer of processes to third parties/manufacturing laboratories. This new role presents an exciting opportunity with the successful applicant’s main role being focussed on a specific process development project.
This position will be highly collaborative, within the Manufacturing Development function and also with the Manufacturing, Innovation and Research teams. In addition, the candidate will be expected to interact with outside collaborators and contractors as required.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- A Masters/PhD level qualification in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or equivalent laboratory / industrial experience.
- In addition, experience of CMC/process development in a pharmaceutical setting.
- A familiarity with commonly used DNA and protein purification techniques such chromatography, precipitation etc.
- A multidisciplinary background, comprising a broad range of laboratory skills specifically involving manipulation and characterisation of DNA.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills and an ability to learn new techniques.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment is vital.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of biochemical or enzymatic processes.
- Familiarity with the quality requirements of processes to be used in a GMP environment.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), and performance related bonuses, the successful candidate will be invited to join the company pension and healthcare scheme.
Applicants MUST be eligible to work in the UK.
Apply for this role by emailing a CV and tailored cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating the position and the reference number TGL002/18 for this role. Closing date for applications is 19th January 2018.