Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery. Our AI driven systems actively learn best practice from vast repositories of drug discovery data and are further enhanced with knowledge acquired from seasoned drug hunters.
High quality data management is fundamental to the success of Exscientia’s Centaur drug design platform. At the core of our capabilities is a world-class data management infrastructure. We are seeking an innovative and driven Data Steward to lead development of the key area.
The successful applicant will be part of an experienced multidisciplinary team and will report to the Chief Informatics Officer.
- Supporting drug design cycles across multiple projects by ensuring data flows between are operating smoothly at all times.
- Liaising with internal and external project teams to define and implement data formats and standards.
- Working with internal and external project teams to define and implement workflows such that all chemistry and assay data necessary to support project decision making is captured and available.
- Troubleshooting data integrity and data flow interruptions.
- Coordinating outsourced data curation efforts.
- Occasional ad hoc data capture and curation.
- Generating high level project performance reporting metrics.
- Evidence of being familiar with operating in scientific/technical computational environment.
- Familiarity with SQL for basic relational database querying
- Evidence of extensive domain knowledge with respect to standard medicinal chemistry design-make-test cycles.
- Excellent eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Qualifications and desirable experience
- MSc degree or equivalent industry experience required in Biochemistry, Pharmacology or related subject.
- Applicants are likely to have 5 years or more experience in chemistry/bioactivity data handling.
- Familiarity with Biovia’s ScienceCloud data exchange platform.
- Familiarity with use of an Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN) system.
- Familiarity with Biovia’s Pipeline Pilot data pipelining platform.
- Experience in executing and developing of simple command based scripts / data pipelining procedures e.g. Python, shell scripts.
Exscientia offers a varied and interesting working environment and candidates will join a small, expanding team and will experience the excitement and sense of accomplishment presented by an innovative start-up. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Please visit our website at www.exscientia.co.uk to discover more about the company. Or alternatively, apply for this position by submitting a covering letter with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating job reference number 2017_2_Data Steward. The closing date for applications is 31st January 2018.
Strictly NO agencies.