Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery. Our AI driven systems actively learn best practice from vast repositories of drug discovery data and are further enhanced with knowledge acquired from seasoned drug hunters.
As part of a growing organisation, Exscientia is currently seeking an innovative and driven Data Scientist to lead development of this key area. This role will be based in our Dundee office. The successful applicant will be part of an experienced, multidisciplinary team and will report to the Chief Informatics Officer.
- Supporting internal and external project teams in Data Science analytical capability to support drug design decision making.
- Development of machine learning approaches to aid the analysis of diverse high dimensional phenotypic, translational and in vivo behavioural assays to generate actionable insights to support discovery projects.
- Development and deployment of simple analytical tools to assist project scientists in their investigational workflows.
- Communicating results with internal and external project teams.
- Core data science skills in a statistical programming language (either Python or R) as well as familiarity with SQL relational database querying.
- Working knowledge and practical experience with, and application of:
Statistics, Machine Learning, Data munging, Data pipelining and Data visualization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- A creative and inquisitive mind.
- Self starter with a high level of independence.
Qualifications and desirable experience
- Masters degree or equivalent industry experience required in data science, computer science or related field.
- Relevant domain knowledge in cheminformatics/chemistry data science
- Relevant domain knowledge in analysis of high dimensional phenotypic data and/or neuroscience.
- Familiarity with Bioyia’s Pipeline Pilot data pipelining platform
- Familiairity with Jupyter notebooks.
Exscientia offers a varied and interesting working environment and candidates will join a small, expanding team and will experience the excitement and sense of accomplishment presented by an innovative start-up. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Please visit our website at www.exscientia.co.uk to discover more about the company. Or alternatively, apply for this position by submitting a covering letter with curriculum vitae including the names and contact details for two referees. Please send your application in pdf format, to firstname.lastname@example.org stating job reference number 2017_1_Data Scientist. The closing date for applications is 31st January 2018.
Strictly NO agencies.